Where we paddle
Most of our paddling takes place at Porthpean Beach. A nice sheltered bay with the opportunity for short trips along the coast when the weather is suitable.
Trips are also organised for various other locations...
- Estuaries like the Fal, Fowey, Camel and Helford.
- Coastal trips, usually on the south coast due to better conditions and ease of access for most club members.
- River trips on the Fowey or Tamar.
- Night paddles on the Fowey.
As well as these local trips, major expeditions are planned individually depending on interest e.g.
- Sea kayaking in Scotland
- Camping / kayaking on the Scilly Isles
- Pool harbour / Old Harry rocks
- North coast Padstow camping trip
There are many different types of activity that can be tried out at the club. The idea is to give it a go and find out what you enjoy...
- General Kayaking - playing about, skills, games, short coast trips.
- Sea Kayaking - longer boats for doing trips and camping, mini expeditions, exploring the coast and more.
- Canadian Canoes - open boats, nice for trips on rivers.
- White water - try out paddling on rivers, nothing radical! and see if you like it.
- Racing - we don’t have any racing kayaks, but we know people who do.
- Surf Kayaking - playing about in a few waves.
Trips and activities are organised to do what people are interested in.